Thursday, May 22, 2014

Annoyed

This morning I went in for a small medical procedure designed to help my ailing shoulder.  It's called a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and is supposed to help heal damaged areas of the body such as shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles; in other words, joints.

I had some blood drawn (which was slightly uncomfortable), then it was spun down and re-injected into my right shoulder.

And now I'm in a sling to minimize the risk of over-using the shoulder before everything has a chance to work like it's supposed to.

And now I'm annoyed.  Life in a sling is just simply annoying.  But I'm hoping this works.  It would be nice to not have shoulder pain every day.  And it would be nice to not worry about my shoulder every time I throw a flag during the season (which is the REAL reason I had this done).

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 6:22 PM, May 23, 2014  

Being one-handed is a royal nuisance. I yanked my right thumb out of joint, and even though I'm left-handed it is bloody inconvenient. Hope you heal quickly.

First time comments will be moderated.