Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Home

Last week Mrs. Ref and I headed back to Nevada, MO (pronounced Neh-VAY-duh) for The Kid's graduation from Cottey College.  It was a long, stressful, relaxing, celebratory weekend that is almost now officially over.  The final leg of the weekend is taking place now as The Kid makes her way from Missouri to home via a couple of different airlines.

And in the end, she has been duly commenced and moved out.

She'll be home with us for a few weeks, and then she's off for her summer job at the church camp in the Diocese of Spokane on beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene (pronounced Cor duh-lane).

The most bizarre part of the weekend was when I came into the office this morning.  I tried to check in and print our boarding passes from the hotel in Nevada, but their printer wouldn't talk to my computer, and they didn't have a business station for guests.  I finally gave up and would deal with it at the KC airport (which is a really weird place, btw).

When I came into the office this morning, though, my boarding passes had printed out on the office printer here.  Wow.

And now it's back to business as usual.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 2:41 PM, May 21, 2014  

Love the way some names are pronounced. Middle Daughter lives in Tennessee, near a town called Santa Fe, which pronounced Santa FEE. There's also a town in Ohio pronounced Lima, as in lima bean.

Reverend Ref + | 5:27 PM, May 21, 2014  

The Lima thing doesn't surprise me -- I officiated football in Lima, MT that was pronounced like the bean.

While we were out there for graduation, I learned that the way to pronounce Miami, MO, was My-am-uh.

Every place does their own thing.

First time comments will be moderated.