Thursday, May 01, 2014

Should sleep well tonight

This past Monday I headed north for our annual clergy conference (a spouse has begun calling it "clergy camp;" that has a nice ring to it).  Monday evening through Wednesday morning was spent in a wonderful place around a good topic (Christian formation) and some very good presenters.

But looming on the horizon was a very large funeral.  As luck would have it, I couldn't connect to the internet at the retreat center, so all of the e-mails around the upcoming funeral were piling up in my absence.

I arrived back home around 3, spent some time on the bed relaxing, and then was off to the church to meet with the family at 4:30.  By the time we got everything hammered out, it was after 5:30.

This morning I had Morning Prayer and the gentleman who showed up had some questions about the Episcopal Church and wanted to know if we could talk afterward.  Sure, why not.  Almost an hour and a half later, I had to end the conversation.

Then it was off to the cemetery for the burial and back to the church for the memorial service.  By the time it was all said and done, place cleaned up and people gone, it was after 4.

And tonight is movie night.  I'm showing the original 1967 version of Bedazzled.

It's been a long week and a VERY long day.  I hope to sleep well tonight.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.