Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Revelation, Arlo Guthrie and Shepherd Book

We have been working our way through Revelation in our adult ed between-services class.  It's been a lot of fun, and it's been a good refresher on why we don't read the bible "literally."

We're getting to the end of the book, though, and we made it through the first half of Chapter 21.  Specifically, we ended at 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, the murderers, the fornicators, the sorcerers, the idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

As I read that to the group, I read, "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, the murderers, the fornicators, the sorcerers, the idolaters, liars and all others on the Group W bench, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.


I couldn't help myself.  It just seemed like a spot to toss in the Group W bench.

Some in the group got it, others didn't.  For those who didn't, I ended up basically reciting "Alice's Restaurant" in a quick 3-4 minute synopsis.

I mentioned this to The Kid when we got home.  She wanted to know why I didn't add the people who were going to the "special level of hell."

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can watch the clip here.

I promised her I would revise my list this coming Sunday.

And this is why we only get through half a chapter a week.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.