Thursday, July 30, 2015

Weird Wednesday

You may remember a few weeks ago when I had the pleasure of dealing with the bi-polar alcoholic that ran the gamut from sitting with him in a parking lot from midnight to about 1:15 a.m., taking him to the hospital, listening to him rant about how he hated me and the church while also proclaiming that we were the only place who cared about him.

I dubbed that event, "Manic Monday."

Yesterday we had a very unkempt, scraggly and ragged homeless gentleman who goes by the name of Dust come into the office to talk to me.  During the course of our "conversation," I learned that he was very worried and upset.

"You know . . . there are people who talk in numerical numerals and they're evil.  They've been talking to me about 25 and 47.  Twenty-five isn't too bad, but 47 is really bad and they keep talking to me about that and I just want them to stop talking numerically about numbers because I'm really worried about 47.  Have you heard them talking about that?  Do you know what that means?"

"No, I really haven't.  What is it about 47?"

"I don't know man . . . but I know it's not good.  I need some protection prayers to keep the numericals away from me.  Can you do that?"

"I can do that."

So I flipped through the BCP, found a prayer he really liked, printed it out for him, and sent him on his way with a bottle of water, hopefully that much safer from the people who are speaking in numerical numbers.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 7:11 PM, July 30, 2015  

Forty-seven, huh? Everybody knows the answer is 42.

You do meet some interesting people in this line of work, don't you?

Reverend Ref + | 7:58 PM, July 30, 2015  

Maybe if he had heard 42 he wouldn't have been worried about it.

And, yes . . . interesting people.

First time comments will be moderated.