Thursday, March 03, 2016

I just don't get it

This was the Quote of the Day on my NY Times feed today:

"I hate to say this about the Republican establishment, but their view of civil rights is to tip the black waiter five bucks at the country club."

JEFFREY LORD, a former Reagan staffer and Trump supporter, in a heated debate on CNN.

If that's how he feels about the Republican establishment, and if he really hates to say it, then why on God's green earth is he supporting a racist, xenophobic, misogynist candidate?

Sometimes the mental gymnastics required for people to support any of the current Republicans both hurts my head and makes me want to cry.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 2:42 AM, March 04, 2016  

What frightens me is that people thought Hitler was a clown and a joke, before he was legally elected as Chancellor of Germany. And you see how funny HE turned out to be.

drpcp | 9:56 AM, March 04, 2016  

I'm certainly with you on that.

First time comments will be moderated.