Thursday, November 17, 2016

Double Woo Hoo

My first Sunday at St. John's was November 6, All Saints' Sunday.

It was a fantastic celebration and I upped the liturgical ante by including Sanctus bells at the service.  We had already planned on using incense, but you can't have smells without bells.

Imagine my surprise, though, when I discovered that SJP didn't have a set of bells.  Not only did I find that surprising, but totally unacceptable.  My organist came through, though, and borrowed a set of bells from our neighboring Catholic church.  This is a loaner set that needs to be returned after this coming Sunday.

So I did some looking around and discovered I could buy a set of bells relatively inexpensively.  I mentioned that I would be purchasing and donating a set for SJP at last night's vestry meeting.  The comments around the church have been positive about using them, so it seemed a good idea to just get a set.

The treasurer told me, "You know we have an account for that kind of stuff, so you don't have to buy them.  Just order what you want and have it billed to the church."

Woo Hoo.

I called the supplier today, set up an account with them, and order the bells.

Woo Hoo.

Color me happy.

3 comments:

spookyrach | 2:44 PM, November 17, 2016  

'No smells without bells.' hahaha!

I remember leafing through some of those church supplier catalogues as a kid. Interesting stuff!

Reverend Ref + | 3:05 PM, November 17, 2016  

And one of the most .... "interesting" .... of those is this:

The St. Blase candle for the Blessing of the Throats -- seriously, religion can be so weird.

http://www.catholicsupply.com/churchs/blaise13.jpg

spookyrach | 5:12 PM, November 17, 2016  

That's.....uh....outside my faith tradition? haha! I bet it can tell you if you've got water in your ears, too!

First time comments will be moderated.