Thursday, January 12, 2006

GOD IS NOT A GENIE

It's been an eventful few days. Some good, some stressful . . . conversations were had, tears were shed, understandings were come to, sleep was lost, life goes on.

"I am with you always," Jesus said. Sometimes that's a good thing, and intellectually it always makes sense. Sometimes, however, you want God to grant that one wish that would seemingly make your life easier. Sometimes you want God to make the pain go away and the ability to start fresh.

But God doesn't work that way. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your state of mind at the time, God is not a genie.

2 comments:

Anonymous | 11:56 AM, January 12, 2006  

What if I rub my Bible three times?

Anonymous | 1:09 PM, January 12, 2006  

It doesn't work for Episcopalians, Tripp, but I'm willing to let you try.

Todd, if you need an ear chat me up.

First time comments will be moderated.