Monday, February 02, 2004

THE PAPER CHASE

I received the paperwork from my home parish endorsing me for the transitional diaconate. This means that one more piece of the paper trail has been completed. I'm going to forward that on to my COM contact (after making copies, of course).

For those of you who haven't yet had to forward stuff to your COM from here, make copies of EVERYTHING. Last year, about two days before I was to fly out for my candidacy interview, I received an e-mail that went something like this: "Where are forms B-1 & B-2? We don't have them." Sometimes I think this whole process is designed to intentionally rattle you and see how you deal with it. Point of the story, copy everything so they can't rattle you.

And speaking of paper chases, today I completed my paperwork for my final registration. Not just my final registration at SWTS, but my final registration EVER. I started this pursuit of the ordination thing back in 1996 -- had to start college from scratch. That means that I've been registering for classes every quarter since then (with the exception of 2000 - 2001 school year when I was finalizing my entrance to SWTS). So, woo hoo. I'm finally almost finished.

Of course, I'd be more excited about that if I had a job. But that'll come. Search Committee #1 meets this week, so that's a possibility. And as I've already stated, I requested some info from another western diocese. Hopefully I'll hear back this week on that one.

And my ads are back to normal. Yeah!!

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.