Sunday, March 28, 2004

A LITTLE OF THIS, A LITTLE OF THAT

First, thank you to everyone for offering your thanks (is that weird?? I'm tired) for my getting through the COM and approved for ordination. Now I can focus on helping organize the service, planning the post-ordination party, figuring out where everyone will stay, look for a job and, oh yeah, do some school work.

Second, I preached at home today. It was nice. Nice to see hills out the church windows. Nice to see open field outside the church windows. Nice to see old friends. Nice to be complimented on my sermon.

Third, I drove back to my mom's today. For the geographically challenged, it's about a 4-1/2 hour drive. It was a gorgeous day. It was great seeing the sagebrush starting to come out (it's actually kind of pretty before they all turn into tumbleweeds). It was nice to drive through the mountains on a sunny day. It was nice to come up the hill towards mom's place and have Mt. Rainier fill up the skyline. It was nice to have dinner ready when I got here.

Fourth, I actually managed to complete one assignment while I was on this trip -- Anglican Theology. Speaking of which, I popped over to Jane's blog to see what she had to say (knowing that she usually has something interesting to say about something). Her blogvertisements were about saving Guinea pigs. I KID YOU NOT. I didn't see anything about Guinea pigs on her site -- but it definitely gave me a Twilight Zone feeling.

Fifth, I'm exhausted. I've been on the west coast maintaining central time. I'm going to bed.

Peace

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.