Saturday, August 11, 2007

SATURDAY MORNING PANCAKES

I think I mentioned that when we came back from our trip out west (yes, Spokane and Wenatchee are now "out west"), we brought one of The Kid's friends back with us. They had a good time, and yesterday her parents drove over.

The plan was to bbq dinner and then head up to VC for a play. But just before they got here, we got called out to a wildfire in the Camp Creek area. Talk about good timing, we were just issued new pants on Thursday.

So while I was up in the hills fighting a brush fire, dragging hose over, around and through sagebrush, digging out hotspots, watching the helicopter and bombers make drops (while hoping that I wasn't in the drop zone -- having a 'copter with a couple hundred gallons of water 30 feet directly overhead is somewhat unsettling), and praying that our truck wouldn't roll down the hill), the family and guests ate dinner and went to the show.

The guests left earlier this morning, and although I didn't get to bed until almost 1 a.m., I got up and fixed pancakes. So . . . for your viewing enjoyment, I give you Saturday Morning Pancakes:


Butterfly
Originally uploaded by reverendref



The mother of The Kid's friend said she liked
butterflies.










Cousins
Originally uploaded by reverendref
The friend has a nut allergy. The candy store in VC often gives out free samples of whatever candy they are making. The day she hung out in VC, it was fudge; but because some of their fudge has nuts, she couldn't have any. So they let her have free samples of anything she wanted. The name of the candy store is "Cousins."







Firefighting Ref
Originally uploaded by reverendref
I love my daughter. As I go tearing out of the house for a fire, she will hold the door open for me and tell me to be careful. Yesterday was a LONG day, not getting home until almost midnight. She waited up for me and was glad I was home safe. So here's me, fighting fire. Cute, huh??





And finally . . . I normally don't do specialized pancakes for myself because by the time I'm done making everybody else's, I'm just ready to eat, so the round pancakes suit me just fine thank you. However, knowing that I was going to be making pancakes this morning, and knowing how impressed Padre Mickey was over my pancake art, I had time to plan this one out.
So without further ado, I give you The Rt. Rev. Mr. Red Peanut Bank!!!


Rt. Rev. Mr. Peanut
Originally uploaded by reverendref

2 comments:

Padre Mickey | 6:34 PM, August 12, 2007  

Ha! That is great!

Aghaveagh | 4:55 PM, August 13, 2007  

Bravo, Pancake Artiste, Bravo!

First time comments will be moderated.