Sunday, February 10, 2008

Some days ....

It's been a few weeks now since the apparently not so famous, or even compelling, fish or cut bait letter to my congregation. The plan was that I would bring this up after service during coffee hour.

However, service went long and we had 24 people in attendance, so that ran communion long which meant I was 15 minutes late getting to the parish hall which meant my discussion time was severely limited. And then someone wanted to talk about the sermon. So I never did get to address the letter. I'm planning on doing this next week.

Parts of the service today felt a little out of whack and I managed to forget the seasonal blessing at the end of the first service.

As I was rushing to put things in the car for the next service, I forgot that St. Paul's doesn't have any purple vestments. I don't know why this is, they were given a full set from another church in the diocese at one point: blue, white, red and green .... but no purple.

And you're way ahead of me here, aren't you?

So I get to church and my altar guild guy says, "Oh ... we don't have purple vestments, do we?"

My reaction was .... um .... less than holy.

Is it still a valid Eucharist if the priest doesn't have a stole?

I am SUCH a dork. But hey ... at least it wasn't Ms. Emily or the consecrated wine (which I did forget to bring to church back in the days before I was priested).

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.