Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.

I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.


Today is the day Jesus reminds us to love one another -- not just those with whom we agree.

Today is the day Jesus calls us friends.

Today is the day Jesus plays the servant in spades by washing our feet.

Today is the day we submit to Jesus by allowing him to wash our feet.

This is the night we betray Jesus. This is the night we turn our backs on him. This is the night we run out on him. This is the night we desert our friend, leaving him

totally

and

utterly

alone.

2 comments:

ymp | 11:40 AM, March 20, 2008  

Thank you.
This was what I needed to move me into Holy Week/Triduum.

~**Dawn**~ | 11:27 AM, March 21, 2008  

That was indescribably powerful.

First time comments will be moderated.