Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spinal Tap

Okay . . . so on my Friday post "What I've done today" (just below the Winnie the Pooh quiz), I mentioned that I had loaded up on Netflix videos. You need to understand that I have been banned from doing this because I selected This is Spinal Tap. A couple of kindred spirits, Scott and Da Youth Guy were aghast that Spinal Tap was NOT a family film. So I invited them over to my place for a Spinal Tap party. I'll even supply the Henry's.

For those of you who don't know about Spinal Tap, and for those of you who do, I've included what is probably the best scene from that classic movie for your viewing pleasure. Well . . . the one where Derek gets trapped in the pod is a close second; but we can debate that at the party. Until then, enjoy.

3 comments:

EYouthWNY | 11:46 AM, March 29, 2008  

Perhaps the greatest rock n roll movie of all time.

Padre Mickey | 5:11 PM, March 29, 2008  

It's one of the most accurate band movies of all time, that's why I love it. You wouldn't believe how many rock musicians are actually that stupid.

When Matty Boy and I were in The Wonders of Science we did a show at the Keystone in Palo Alto, California. We shared a dressing room with the headliners, some band from L.A. called The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Matty Boy and I were sitting in the dressing room, quietly reading, when the Chili Peppers came in. "Oh my God! Are you guys reading? You're not a bunch of intellectuals, are you?" was their greeting. We asked them, "Is it true that you only wear socks on stage?" They denied it, but when we went out front to watch their set, they were only wearing strategically placed socks.

I disagree with Nigel; i think g minor is the saddest of keys.

This Is Spinal Tap IS a family film at our house.

Ecgbert | 10:20 PM, March 29, 2008  

LOL, the dancing midgets! I agree: best scene from a funny and spot-on parody.

First time comments will be moderated.