Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Family Camp

I'm the official priesty-type presence at Family Camp again this year. It's been very relaxing. Wake up at 7, breakfast at 8, Eucharist at 9, lunch at noon, dinner at 6, adult group at 7.

Those are the required events. The rest of the time is mine to read, nap, hike, nap, hang out on the dock, nap, prep for the discussion, nap, work on my Sunday sermon, nap and maybe catch a nap.

So far the weather has been better than last year -- not so blasted hot.

We've been dealing with a sick Kid who isn't with us ... you can read about that over at Mrs. Ref. Rough to not be able to be with her right now, but at some point we all have to deal.

My program this year is focused on creation. I decided on that because one of our other priests in the diocese, who is active in Native American ministries, was slated to be here with me. So I figured that discussing creation stories and theologies and whatnot would tie in well with what he had planned.

Except for the fact that he apparently forgot he was supposed to be here and never showed up. Oh well . . . It's not a major crisis. I took a nap and it was all better.

Oh, and in case you were wondering (riiiiiiiggghhtttt), the sermon this past Sunday on the Binding of Isaac was really good. I only wish that I could have preached it in both congregations, but I had to hit the road after the first service to get up to Camp in time.

'Nuff said; have a good week.

1 comments:

Padre Mickey | 8:45 PM, July 02, 2008  

It sounds like you're having a good time. I've always been surprised that many priests don't realize that Camp Chaplain is a chance for lots of naps!

First time comments will be moderated.