Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday of Family Camp

Things here are still going well. The weather is not terribly oppressive and has been very pleasant. Naps are still the order for the day.

And we have been working our way through the Catechism of Creation, a document put out by TEC that goes through creation theology, science and care for the environment. The adults who have sat in on the sessions have seemed to enjoy it.

Today, however, the camp has been invaded by a birthday party. One of the families has two kids with birthdays around this time, so they've invited their friends out to camp for a party. They did this last year as well.

I have never been a big fan of birthday parties -- even when I was younger.

I think I'll put myself on the fishing boat that leaves at 2:00. I don't fish, but being on the lake, in the quiet, away from the party . . . sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous | 4:26 PM, July 03, 2008  

So, how are you getting online?

Reverend Ref + | 8:54 PM, July 03, 2008  

The camp office is connected to the net.

First time comments will be moderated.