Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Short Week

Before I got into this business, I was like most other people in that I worked for a company who issued a paycheck in return for various functions and skills I performed on a regular basis. I enjoyed football season all the more because it got me out of the office early pretty much every day of the week.

I wasn't too concerned about it because, most of the time, what was left on my desk one day would surely be there tomorrow. And on days I didn't have a game, I could always work a little late to take care of the backlog.

Now, however, getting out of the office early during the week doesn't have that same appeal. Since I am the entire staff, all leaving early does is remind me that I cannot simply make up for it later, or leave it until tomorrow morning.

Hymns need to be selected and put up on the hymnboard. The bulletin needs to be finished. The sermon needs to be written. And other little things that crop up need to be done before I kick out early (or not at all -- as is the case Thursday).

I have a short week in which I'm trying to cram two days of work into one and make sure it all gets done before I go off and play referee.

So why am I here at the library posting about how I don't have enough time to get things done? Hey . . . everyone needs a quick break even on the busiest of days.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.