Friday, December 12, 2008

I probably shouldn't do this . . .

but I just can't help myself.

Just about an hour from now, the Montana Grizzlies will play the James Madison Dukes.

I will refrain from any disparaging comments about the JMD mascot; especially since last year I went off about the Wofford Terriers -- only to see them whup the Griz. Looking at the JMD record, they are impressive. They are 12-1, that last loss coming in August . . . AUGUST. The Griz, however, are 13-1, with one loss coming mid-season to Weber State (whom the Griz then got revenge on by beating them in the playoffs)

So no inappropriate comments -- I will, however, plop my bad-luck ass in front of the TV and hope that it doesn't cause the Griz to get thumped again.

GO GRIZ!!

=================

UPDATE:

Despite my presence, the Griz managed to hold on and win. Up 18 points in the 4th quarter, JMU scored a safety on an errant snap to pull within 16. Then they go down and score a TD + 2 point conversion. Down 8, they did their best, and definitely made it interesting. But in the end, The University of Montana is going to the National Championship Game.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.