Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Hmmmm

So earlier this week (on Labor Day, actually), Mrs. Ref and I made a trip to Bozeman to do a little shopping and search for Yet More Items The Kid Wishes She Had Taken To Germany.

We decided to break up our shopping trip with dinner in the middle and went to a Chinese restaurant. The parking lot was empty and Mrs. Ref was first concerned if it was even open, and then if I had ever eaten there before (the large amount of empty parking spaces usually being a bad indicator for restaurants). But I had and just figured everybody was still off on their Labor Day vacation.

The staff saw us coming and had a table already prepared for us. I asked, "Do you think you can squeeze us in?"

"No problem," said the host.

As we were enjoying our meal, I started paying attention to the music.

"I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that Greensleeves isn't Chinese."

Olde English Christmas music in a Chinese restaurant on Labor Day.

But we got fortune cookies.

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ | 9:57 AM, September 10, 2009  

Oh my gosh. That same thing happened to me on Valentines Day. It took a second for it to register, I found it so strange!

Reverend Ref + | 10:20 AM, September 10, 2009  

Actually, what I figured out as I listened to Something Italian Sounding, Greensleeves, and Sounds of Silence, was that they had a CD compilation of violin music playing. Nice, but certainly unexpected.

And Mrs. Ref pointed out that Simon's great grandmother on his father's side was Chinese . . . so it all made sense. ;)

First time comments will be moderated.