Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh Crap . . .

Tonight was our book group. We have been discussing Francine Rivers' Women of the Bible -- Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. We are currently working on Bathsheba.

The discussions are generally pretty good, and we get dinner on top of it.

As we were sitting down to dinner and get started, my pager went off. We were toned out for a fire alarm at the pharmacy. So I jumped up, ran out the door, emptied pockets of non-necessary items, pulled on my bunker gear and headed out the door . . .

Only to issue those two words in the title as I realized that my daughter and car were out of town. Oh crap . . .

So I ran into the parish hall and asked one of the people for a ride to the station.

Turns out it was a false alarm, and I was back before they really got started. But a rather exciting way to start book group nonetheless.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.