Sunday, August 08, 2010

Two Weddings and a Funeral

Yesterday I presided at two weddings. The first one at 3 was a large affair; long-time Valley family, lots of relatives and friends and two very cute kids serving as ring-bearer and flower girl.

The second one was a much smaller affair with a couple who spend a lot of time in SW MT and wanted to be married up here. It was my first wedding with Communion, so that was nice.

In between services, Mrs. Ref and I cleaned up after the first service (moved chairs, vacuumed flower petals, organized books, gathered up stray ordos -- nothing major) and set up for the next one. We also put in an appearance at the reception which was held just down the street from the church.

Then we had the second service, and cleaned up after that one (Mrs. Ref and I playing altar guild) and waited for The Kid to come by and pick us up. The Kid has a job with the local vet on the weekends, so she goes to do that, then comes back to VC to pick me up after services.

And I discovered that two weddings in the same day is a tad tiring, and was wishing that someone was around to do my funeral when I went to sleep and didn't wake up.

It was a long, good day. Two weddings and a funeral that didn't happen.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.