Saturday, September 11, 2010

Of Football and Church

It's a full weekend around these parts.

I worked a double-header last yesterday in Twin. A jr. hi game at 4, then the varsity at 7. When I got home, I was a starvin' Marvin and started plowing through the kitchen like a teenage boy. Took some Aleve for my aching legs, turned on a football game and decompressed on the couch. I finally headed to bed just before 11, where I slept like a rock.

This morning, after a little computer work, I need to get ready for my game down in Lima. So I need to clean a cooler, put gas in the car, stop at Safeway and pick up food for the crew, and then go work a 6-man football game.

I know I've said this before, but it's like officiating a 4th grade playground game. Everybody is eligible (typical play call . . . "Everyone go deep!"), and the passer is not eligible to catch his own pass unless first touched by the defense (yes, that's an actual rule), and it's 1st and 15 instead of 1st and 10 (and 1st and 15 looks REALLY far).

After the game, it's back home to shower and get cleaned up for the interview dinner with Far West Parish. I hope that goes well.

And then, of course, tomorrow is the standard Sunday. Bible study, worship, coffee hour -- all with FWP in attendance. After service and coffee hour, they head back home and I head up to do the 2nd service, followed by a vestry meeting.

And I think, if I can manage it, I've got a training session with a couple of people who need to learn how to manage a Morning Prayer service.

Hopefully I'll have time to plant my butt on a couch and watch a game on tv.

2 comments:

Unknown | 9:59 AM, September 13, 2010  

How was the butt planting?

Reverend Ref + | 10:02 AM, September 13, 2010  

It was good.

First time comments will be moderated.