Saturday, January 08, 2011

A night out

We were invited over to a parishioners' house tonight for dinner. I accepted without checking my football calendar. Oops.

Tonight the Eastern Washington University Eagles from Cheney (suburb of my home town) was playing the Delaware Blue Hens from . . . um . . . Delaware for the National Championship.

I watched the first half in which Delaware beat up on the Eagles 12-0. I say, "beat up," because that's probably the worst 12-0 beating a team could take and still be close. Really, the Hens should have been up 28-0. So I was happy to leave for dinner.

Dinner consisted of everything seriously yummy .... crab, artichokes, salad. I didn't mind missing the game so much when I saw the bowl of crab.

And then, when I got home, I saw that EWU overcame a 19 point deficit to win 20-19.

Very cool. Sorry I missed the game -- but we had crab! And we also got to get to know some parishioners better.

WE HAD CRAB!! :-D And my team won. All in all, a darn good night.

3 comments:

Mark J | 7:35 AM, January 08, 2011  

I've always thought you could be a bit crabby... :)

Go Eagles!

Lady Anne | 8:31 AM, January 13, 2011  

Being a native Marylander, to me "crabs" means Chesapeake Blue Crabs, which are strictly a summer delicacy. What sort of crabs do folks eat out West, in the middle of the winter? Just being nosy...

Reverend Ref + | 10:44 AM, January 13, 2011  

We have Dungeness crab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeness_crab

It's good stuff. Except, I suppose, if you happen to be the crab.

First time comments will be moderated.