Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Services went well enough for my first outing here. We had a bigger crowd at noon than I expected, but a smaller one at 7 than I expected; so I guess it all evens out.

After the noon service, I scattered the ashes of a deceased parishioner (who died long before I got here, but the wife was just getting around to doing this) in our rose garden area.

Someone asked me if I were going to use those ashes for services instead of the palm ashes.

"Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

This was so right and so wrong all in one fell swoop.

And no, I did not swap ashes.

2 comments:

Unknown | 1:21 PM, March 10, 2011  

One of my Deacons brought a mortar and pestle into the office and told the Administrator, "Here are the ashes. We won't say whose they are." Um. Wink, wink?

Reverend Ref + | 1:22 PM, March 10, 2011  

That's funny.

First time comments will be moderated.