Sunday, May 08, 2011

Sunday morning out of the office

As noted below, we have been off visiting my in-laws over this long weekend. This is one of the few times I get to sit in a pew as a nameless and soon-to-be-forgotten visitor; and I try to check my liturgical snobbery at the door.

When visiting my in-laws, we always (or almost always) attend the local Episcopal church. We've been there enough that people usually have some recognition of us.

This particular visit we convinced the in-laws to go with us. We met their new rector (who has some things to clean up, but I'm convinced he's the right guy for the job), chatted with a friend of mom, and hope that, after we leave, the parents will begin to make connections and find a home where they can tap into a support system that will help them through the issues that they currently face.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 8:42 AM, May 09, 2011  

I really don't know how people manage without a home church. This is our family. My dad and sister are both deceased, and my mom has dementia. My husband's family live several states away. The folks from church are the ones with whom we share our joys, our sorrows, and our pot-luck dinners.

First time comments will be moderated.