Tuesday, July 05, 2011

CREDO Cancelled

So . . . after looking at the reality of my specific situation here, contemplating trying to finish all of the required pre-conference work in the (very) limited time allowed, acknowledging Mrs. Ref's comment that yes, I probably would rather be on a football field instead of at a conference, and generally praying about the whole thing, I've decided to withdraw my name from the conference.

Sorry, Dawn, but I won't be in Florida this year.

I'll be contacting all the necessary people (CREDO, travel agent and supply priest) to let them all know.

This is a relief. CREDO is supposed to be a time to "reflect on experiences, skills and talents, engage vigorously in a vocational discernment process, and create a personal and comprehensive plan for [the] future," while also being a time of refreshment and regeneration. Although in general this was the right time for me to go, the reality is that this has turned into the wrong time to go. And if CREDO is supposed to be all it says it's supposed to be, it's probably not a good idea to enter into it bitching and moaning about wondering how I'm going to get all the required pre-conference work done in the time allotted and increasing my stress level to a point on par with a letter beginning, "Greetings from the I.R.S."

And now, back to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous | 1:15 PM, July 06, 2011  

I am so glad you decided not to go! I know not everyone's experience is the same, but when my former boss returned from a CREDO conference, she went from being my best friend to trying to drive me to a nervous breakdown.

The former secretary quit in the middle of Holy Week, and I got the job because I was available, and my dad was a priest, so I had a "leg up" on what was expected. The rector trained me herself, and I was Super Secretary.

When she came back from CREDO, she sat down at *my* desk - leaving me to stand - while she read off a list of things I was either doing incorrectly, or should have been doing but wasn't. I figured I would simply learn to do as she asked, even though a lot of it was totally different from what she had told me originally, but she would still change the rules in mid-stream.

Never mind - I could rant for hours! I'm glad you're staying home!

Lady Anne, whom Google will not allow to sign in

Reverend Ref + | 1:25 PM, July 06, 2011  

Wow. I am sure that was not the intent of CREDO. I've known several people who have attended and said it was fabulous.

There are other issues with my not attending and I'm debating on whether or not to go in 2013. But, as I alluded to above, I now have the time to make a relaxed decision.

Padre Mickey | 5:37 PM, July 11, 2011  

I enjoyed my CREDO experience, and, lemme tell ya, no one in my group had finished the pre-conference work. Who has time for that?

First time comments will be moderated.