Saturday, September 03, 2011

Game Day

My first game in the new place was last night. I worked as the back judge for probably only the fourth time ever. I was a little nervous about that, but this was probably the perfect game to start there because both schools were predominantly running teams. So that meant I could settle into the position without all the deep threats for which the BJ is responsible to cover.

As a result, I had a good game.

And the best play of the night (as far as our crew was concerned) was a failed two-point conversion in which the runner fumbled at the 1, the ball rolled into the end zone and was recovered by the defense. What made it a great play was the fact that nobody blew a whistle, we had three bean bags on the play, and we let the play go until the ball was recovered by the defense.

Yep, it was a good night and a great way to start the season.

And now, because it's been a rough week in the office, I'm off to work on my sermon for tomorrow.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.