Wednesday, September 07, 2011

At least it wasn't me

Since being called to my new parish, I have had to deal with failed sewer lines, asbestos tile, carpet replacement, a few acts of vandalism, cut phone lines & security issues necessitating rekeying the locks, and one or two other things I can't now recall.

At least I'm not the dean of the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. where they were struck by an earthquake that damaged the main tower and now, today, having a 500' crane collapse on the sight damaging buildings and cars.

Luckily nobody was killed. And yet another reason to appreciate small(er) church ministry.

1 comments:

Anonymous | 10:07 PM, September 12, 2011  

Heavens! Can you imagine the damage that could have been done of that thing had gone in any other direction?

The anonymous Lady Anne

First time comments will be moderated.