Friday, September 23, 2011

Odd Phone Call

Yesterday while I working the football game I got a call on my phone from Mark (no, not you). He said he had attended church once and was calling me because his 80-year old mother was late in getting to where she was supposed to be and wanted to know if I could help.

Um . . . my first thought was, "Why are you calling me?"

Anyway, it was a few hours later before I was able to return the phone call and it turns out that mom is fine. But that lead to a discussion in which he spent most of the time telling me how impressed he was with the sermon and the liturgy and that he would be making our parish his permanent home.

I hate it when people talk to me like they've known me for years and I can't place them at all.

Oh well; maybe it'll all come back to me when he shows up this Sunday.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.