Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tired

I took a call last night from a parishioner around 10:30 who said her husband was in the hospital for a variety of issues and procedures.  Neither of them are on the overly healthy side, and both of them have had issues in the recent past.  But I told her I'd head over there.

Fifteen minutes later I was in the ER waiting room . . . waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting.

Eventually the daughter came out and we talked while he was being worked on and proceduralized.  We were finally allowed back into his ER stall and I was with them until about 1 a.m.

It's now 2:30 p.m., I've got a stack of stuff on my desk to deal with in preparation for vacation and I'm running out of steam.  I'm thinking home, food, a nap, and a good night's sleep later will put me in shape to get into the office earlier tomorrow.

I always work better in the morning anyway.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.