Monday, January 28, 2013

Coming Home?

Yesterday was our Annual Meeting.  It all went well enough, and the potluck following was great.

At church, though, was a gentleman I've met before.  He and his wife used to attend, but then left with several other members when "the troubles" broke out to form their own, pure, orthodox Anglican congregation.

Anyway, he was at service yesterday following the invitation of some current parishioners with whom he is still in contact.

He called me promptly at 9 a.m. today.

"I'd like to ask you what the Episcopal church's position on gay marriage is."

We chatted briefly and then decided it would be best for him to come into the office.  I have an appointment with him tomorrow morning.

This will be interesting.

2 comments:

Jane Ellen+ | 4:58 PM, January 28, 2013  

Never a dull moment, is there?

Reverend Ref + | 5:58 PM, January 28, 2013  

I keep trying.

First time comments will be moderated.