Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sermon, Last Epiphany (Transfiguration Sunday)

Okay, I'll be honest here -- I don't have a sermon for you.

I was away most of last week, so the sermon writing thing went by the wayside.

That doesn't mean I didn't preach, I did.  I just didn't have a prepared sermon.

So, imagine if you will, a sermon-on-the-fly about the Transfiguration, Peter wanting to stay on the mountain, and the need for us to come down off the mountain if we are going to get anything done.  Because, really, Christianity is more than gathering together in the beauty of God's holiness and staying there forever.  We need to come down off the mountain, be with people, heal people, and tell them the good news.

And that, in a paragraph, was the sermon for today.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.