Friday, February 08, 2013

Back

I spent Tuesday through Thursday of this week away at my final Fresh Start retreat.  Fresh Start is a national program that is designed to help clergy new to a position adjust and get settled in.

I'm not sure about the program stuff; what I found most useful was simply getting to know other clergy in the diocese and make connections that way.

The annual retreat wasn't a bad way to end my time with the program, but I wish that it hadn't been so "current participant" focused.  I could have spent that time meditating in my room, but I felt that probably would have appeared . . . well . . . aloof would be a good word.  So I dutifully sat through the sessions, enjoyed some conversations, enjoyed the really good food, and then presided and preached at the closing Eucharist.

Time to get on with other matters.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 3:56 PM, February 08, 2013  

Some time ago, I was parish secretary for a member of the clergy who was new to this area. She also attended one of those conferences was suitably "underwhelmed".

First time comments will be moderated.