Saturday, May 10, 2014

Good News/Bad News

Good News:

Michael Sam was drafted by the St. Louis Rams today.  He went lower than I had hoped, and maybe lower than people had him slated to go, but he went.  I was sort of hoping he would be taken by the Seattle Seahawks, but I think it's cool that he will be staying in the state of Missouri.

Bad News:

I received an e-mail that says, in part:

". . . we are conducting a Bring Your Own Ballot – Vote Your Values Sunday at our church.  At both of our Sunday morning services before the Oregon Primary Election this month, and at both of our Sunday morning services before the Oregon General Election in November, we are asking each eligible and registered voter in our congregation to bring their ballot with them to church."

This was from an e-mail sent out to all local clergy in the area with the idea of getting all the churches in town to participate in BYOB Sunday.  Among other things (separation of church and state issues, my values not aligning with their values, assumptions that they are the only Real True Christians(tm), etc.), I'm wondering if the parish my Former Parishioners bolted for (because I was "too political") will participate in this and, if so, will they consider this "too political?"

Don't bother answering that last question; I know the answer.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.