Saturday, May 10, 2014

Quiet Day

I am leading a quiet day for our parish chapter of the D.O.K.  This is the second time I've done this.  I' not sure if they get anything out of it, but I appreciate the opportunity to have some intentional quiet time.

I broke the day up into three distinct periods of silence: one follows Morning Prayer, one follows Holy Eucharist, and one follows lunch.  Each period is used to reflect on a text about feeding (the road to Emmaus story), risking (JC as the Good Shepherd and what might you be willing to risk in following), and feeding again (the feeding of the 5000).

I'm always sort of paranoid about these things in that I hope the path I've laid out for the day leads to a positive experience.

In the end, though, I suppose an intentionally quiet day sitting with God isn't a bad thing.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.