Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back in the office

I'm back in the office after some time off following the Christmas celebrations.  We were up visiting my m-i-l and had planned on renting a truck to haul some stuff home.  That didn't pan out, mainly due to the $300+ rental fee and probably that much in gas.  So we'll worry about it later.

In the meantime, I'm starting on my box which is full of stuff needing my attention.

The first thing I pulled out was a blue slip.  We have these blue slips of paper in the pew that were used long before I arrived.  They have statements you can check off and drop in the offering plate.  Things like: I wish the Rector would preach about ...; I wish we would sing ....; and other stuff like that.

The person who filled this particular blue slip out wishes I would preach on "the separation of Church and State and the effects it has on Church and community.

Okay ... that sounds interesting and has possibilities.

But it was the next one that got my attention:  I wish we would sing .... Stairway to Heaven.

Maybe the choir can do that as a Communion anthem.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.