Saturday, May 02, 2015

Another Funeral

We had another funeral at the church today,  This was a woman who, besides the dementia/Alzheimer's, suffered from some other physical problems and died last Friday.

It was not as well attended as I was hoping for, but the service went well.  We didn't have a musician, so I picked out four hymns and waited to see if we would have enough choir members show up to lead/carry the congregation.  They did and it sounded lovely.

The four hymns I selected were:

376 - Joyful, joyful we adore thee
657 - Love divine
488 - Be thou my vision
671 - Amazing grace

I may not be able to sing em', but I certainly know how to pick 'em.

And the ladies from the D.O.K. did their usual excellent job, setting up, providing food and cleaning up.

And now I'm about ready to head home for a nap.

1 comments:

Lady Anne | 5:45 PM, May 02, 2015  

Love Divine was my school hymn, and one I have also chosen for my funeral. It takes a bit of talent too sing Joyful, Joyful a cappella. Congratulations to your congregation!

First time comments will be moderated.