Thursday, January 05, 2006

BACK FROM VACATION

Yes, vacation is over. I went into the office on Monday simply because . . . well . . . because I was on vacation. I'm getting ready for the Bishop's annual visitation and two annual meetings, so I have plenty to do, thank you (but no sermon, see previous post).

I ordered the cake for the reception from Costco on Wednesday. I've outlined the agenda for the annual meetings. I'm working on a form for a UTO grant for the roof at Christ Church. I've got the budgets updated for the Bishop to look at when he comes. I've got all the necessary forms completed. I think I'm ready.

However, I forgot to go to the Mill Creek Bar Monday night. I got sidetracked by my daughter. I made up for it Wednesday, though. I started there and watched most of the first half of the Texas-USC game. I had a nice little conversation with a guy who I have met before, and he seems to be showing some interest in maybe dropping by the church. We'll see.

From there I wandered over to the Stockman Bar, where I couldn't watch the game, but I did have a good discussion about ice fishing, religion in general, and played sounding-board to a lapsed Episcopalian who is struggling with whether or not he should come back. All in all, it was a good night at the bars.

Then I walked home, showered (it's mandatory that I shower after my bar visits) and caught the end of the game. That was a really good game. I really never figured out who I was rooting for, but I found myself happy that Texas won. I think I have a problem with dynasties. Between the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl, I managed to see two great games in as many nights.

And finally, Friday I am looking to catching the premier of "The Book of Daniel." Fr. Jake (over there on the right) has a good entry about it which also mentions the AFA's attempts to pull the show. I'd link to Jake, but the computer I'm using is being stubborn. I've only had one parishioner ask me about it, which I find interesting. But then again, with all of the bowl games being on ESPN and ABC, and a few on CBS, maybe it's no wonder that nobody knows much about it.

And that, dear readers, pretty much sums up my week back from vacation. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm looking forward to a hard day of physical exertion -- I had forgotten just how much energy I don't use in the office and find that I need to release some pent-up energy.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.