Friday, October 13, 2006

HOUSEKEEPING AND SUCH

It's Friday. That means one thing at the Ref household ... Laundry. Mrs. Ref works at transcribing hospital dictation every day. So while she's slaving away at the keyboard typing up what happened to Fred's big toe and why it's infected from way back on September 8 (NOTE TO READERS: I am NOT giving away anything remotely confidential here -- I made it up, so just relax), I work at being a domestic priesty boy and get the laundry finished.

I actually started it last night because today was a short day around the house. First load went in when I got home from the Fire Department meeting (for you clergy types, think "Bad Vestry Meeting"). Then that hit the dryer and the next load was started just after 6 a.m.

Most everything was finished before 1 p.m.

Mrs. Ref and I went for a walk about town. Dropped off the dictation about Fred's toe, stopped in at the carpet store to get some carpeting ideas for St. Paul's (Oh, the VCPA is sooo going to hate me) and gave them a revised floor plan of what I want done, then stopped at the bank to put some money into the account, stopped at the Post Office to get mail, then home for lunch.

After which I did the Superman thing and changed from the clothes of an average and boring small town priest on his day off into . . . REF MAN!!! Well, okay ... maybe not so much. But I had to work the Twin game today at 3. So I met the rest of the crew on site all dressed up in our uniform.

The game was over in 4 minutes. Unfortunately, the rules say we have to play all 48, so we did. Final score: Twin 48, Victor 14.

When I got home, I fixed dinner for the two girls while Mrs. Ref headed out to go scrapbooking tonight. For those who don't know about this activity, think YarnHarlot rabidism with pictures. So I'll see Mrs. Ref sometime tomorrow.

Then tonight I did a housekeeping of a different sort and went through the old blogroll, deleting a few and adding a couple of others.

Nothing political. Nothing funny. Nothing life altering.

That's my blog. So shoot me.

6 comments:

Tripp Hudgins | 8:52 AM, October 14, 2006  

Do you vest when you clean? I mean, you know, with a feather duster and a maid's outfit?

Reverend Ref + | 10:15 AM, October 14, 2006  

Um ... no, I don't "vest." But for you, I just might be persuaded to wear that maid's outfit. ;-)

Good Lord . . . it must be early.

Anonymous | 12:41 PM, October 14, 2006  

A purple maid's outfit? ;-)

Bad vestry meeting? Say more!

Carpet! Yeah! And yeah, you're so gonna get your trophy taken away, you change agent you!

At least you blog. I haven't touched mine in over a month, I think. Egad!

Jane Ellen+ | 9:23 PM, October 14, 2006  

A purple maid's outift??

Oh, I am so bringing my camera...

Susie/Nueva Cantora | 3:17 PM, October 17, 2006  

And then we can scrapbook the pictures!!!!


That Yarn Harlot reference was, I'm sure, HIGHLY complimentary of both her stuff and the scrapbookinng world, after all...

Reverend Ref + | 10:28 PM, October 17, 2006  

Susie: Of course! I only used that imagery to convey the enthusiasm which Mrs. Ref applies to her craft.

I could've said something about football fans, but using YH allowed for a link. :-)

First time comments will be moderated.