Saturday, October 14, 2006

TOUCH EM' ALL

It was the only clever title I could think of.

I did a committal service today at the Twin Bridges cemetary. I have now officiated at all five of the area cemetaries. Which means I no longer have to ask for directions. This is a good thing.

Graveside services are always very short, so I try to make it at least feel not so rushed. It went well, even if the deceased was late.

No, I'm not kidding.

Her ashes were being picked up from Hamilton and delivered to Twin by a family member. They made a wrong turn, so we had to delay the service by about 30 minutes or so. At least it was another gorgeous day here in SW MT.

Then we went back to the parish hall and had a darn good lunch.

Naps and football games ensued. It wasn't a bad Saturday.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.