Wednesday, January 24, 2007

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

I have done alot of driving this month. Not nearly as much as some people (but then again, I think only the Bishop drives more than she does), but more than is my norm by quite a bit.

And tomorrow morning I hit the road again as I leave for Lewistown for the funeral of the most senior priest in the Diocese of Montana. I did not know him other than by sight (there was really no way you could miss him). A couple of my parishioners knew him way back when; but apparently he was old even way back when. While I didn't know him, the event demands my presence, both as a fellow priest and in my role as Dean of the Tuttle Deanery (don't choke, I'm a dean; it sounds more impressive and important than it really is).

The Rev. Milton Cookson passed from his earthly life last week at the grand age of 101.

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant Milton. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive him into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.