Sunday, January 21, 2007

SERMONS

The following two sermons are really one in the same; it just so happens that they are tailored (somewhat) to each particular parish. If you read one, you've pretty much read the other one.

Annual Meeting time is really the only time of the year when I wish I only had one parish.

But, since I had the one read in VC and preached the one at CC, I thought I'd put them both up.

For those of you wondering, the Annual Meeting went well enough. We went over the treasurer's report (not enough) and the budget for '07. I reviewed the year (new roof, a drop in the ASA) and talked about the upcoming year (sunrise Easter Vigil, new Wednesday night service, Lenten programs, bell tower). We elected new vestry members and delegates.

And all of that was done over a nice little brunch.

I've got my nursing home service later today, and a couple of football games to watch this afternoon.

Go Saints.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.