Tuesday, April 24, 2012

R.I.P.

I just found out that one of the local characters from my former home, Jersey (the character, not the home), died either today or last night.  He was found dead in his home.

Jersey was an interesting fellow with a back story that was just as interesting.  He came from New Jersey, hence the name.  He had diabetes, and the townspeople kept an eye on his medical condition.  He smoked too much.  Story was that he was a former CIA translator as well as a lawyer.  That is, up until his accident that left him brain damaged.

He and I had some interesting conversations, both in and out of the bar.  When I moved from Montana, I left him with my crib board because he loved to play the game but didn't have a board of his own.

We're going back to Montana in about a month for a visit and graduation.  He was one of the guys I was really looking forward to seeing again.

That small town in Montana is a little less colorful.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.