Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Names

I always like hearing what people call people from other areas.

People from Washington are Washingtonians.
People from Oregon are Oregonians.
People from Idaho are Idahoans.
You get the idea.

I had a friend once who determined that people from Spokane were called Spokanoans.

Actually, they are called Spokanites.

People from Montana are called Montanans.

A friend of mine suggested we be called Montanists.

Hmmm .... that sort of has a nice ring to it. Wonder if we can get that changed.

7 comments:

Anonymous | 11:40 PM, January 23, 2008  

If you promise to change it, I'll reconsider my nefarious plot to buy up land in Montana.

Jane Ellen+ | 9:51 AM, January 24, 2008  

"Montanist" is already taken.

Tripp Hudgins | 5:47 PM, January 24, 2008  

Wilmettians...That's my fave.

Anonymous | 9:22 AM, January 25, 2008  

Eh. I can't see Montanans changing to another name. 8-) Somethings are just settled and that's it.

Montanan in exile. ;-)

Anonymous | 2:09 PM, January 25, 2008  

Guess I'd better start looking for a good real estate agent in Montana!

So, hey. If Montanans don't like Californians buying up land (or people from Hawaii, apparently)... Doesn't that make the real estate agents kind of like traitors?

Ecgbert | 3:24 PM, January 25, 2008  

"Montanist" is already taken.

Thought that was the joke! (IOW Father knew that.)

Jane Ellen+ | 5:29 PM, January 25, 2008  

YF: Yes, I know he knows that. We had the same Early Church History prof (that would be AKMA). I was just giving him a hard time-- it's what we do. (^_^)

First time comments will be moderated.