Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long Day

It was a long day today, but a good day.

The funeral for Bob was today and that went well. Lots of people commented about how nice the service was. I simply smile and say thank you. And I tell a few people, "This is why I'm glad I'm an Episcopalian . . . I just turn to page 491 and follow along."

The only real glitch during the service came when, after I reached my place, I turned to face the congregation and noticed that the funeral home people had parked the casket horizontally smack dab in front of the stairs, effectively blocking that route to both the lectern and the communion rail. My readers managed to negotiate this obstacle rather nicely, and at the Peace I had them move it to a more appropriate location.

And not really a glitch, but man . . . the MUD!!! Yes, it appears springtime in SW MT has arrived and we were about knee deep in mud at the graveside service. Should I die while I'm still in SW MT, remind me to die during the summer. I hate mud.

The reception was good, and everyone finally cleared out by about 1:30. I also managed to show off our fund raiser project to several people. That generated lots of interest and two checks! This thing actually might move. Which means I just may have to spring for a minimal inventory. Something I wanted to avoid, but if they are as popular as they seem to be . . . Wow.

Then I visited with a neighbor for 45 - 60 minutes. Back in the office I put the last of my Holy Week ordos together and read the last chapter in our Bonhoeffer book.

We had our last Lenten Soup & Scripture tonight and discussed the chapter on confession. Considering that most of the people there tonight do not have an Episcopal Church background, it was a good discussion. To sum up, "All may, some should, none must."

And now I'm home and ready for bed. It's been a long day.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.