Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Busy day yesterday

You all know that we are getting new carpet for St. Paul's. And with new carpet comes a bevy of other things: such as a paint job and possibly refinishing the floors. Yesterday I met with a company who are bidding on the paint job. We had another company come down Saturday to look at the church. Both will have their bids to me sometime this week, they might even be in my VC mailbox now.

I spent the rest of the day in the office working on Sunday's ordo and thinking about my sermon.

Then in the evening we did our monthly Soup & Scripture session with a vestry meeting following.

At the Soup & Scripture, we discussed the traditions of Holy Week and did a type of service review.

Then we moved into our vestry meeting. We have received $800 to date towards our Historic Artwork. Actually, we've received $450, with another donation that was simply "towards the renovation." So we are going to purchase ten of these things to have in inventory. That way people won't have to wait to get them, and the frame shop is happy because they prefer to make them in batches.

I was asked to pursue bids on refinishing the floors. We are going to work on hosting Tuttle Days in VC. As part of Tuttle Days, they want to have a bbq (yum), a Night at the Theater (very fun) and . . . Oh my God what were they thinking . . . an Evensong service. I have been here almost four years and they haven't figured out I can't sing? Or maybe they've forgotten. Or maybe that one bit of A cappella I do during the service has deadened their ears. So today I called a friend of mine and asked if she wanted to officiate at Evensong. (Insert GOE mantra here: It's not whether or not you know the answer, but where to find it.) And I learned that one of the local painters in town has moved to Denver. Which isn't a problem in and of itself, but it becomes one when you realize he's not finished with the job that you paid him for in advance. Dammit.

And I got a call from Mrs. Ref who learned that one of the bar owners was having a 10th anniversary party, so as soon as I got home from the vestry meeting I went to the bar. I don't normally do that, but this was a special occasion. I got home about 11, destunk myself and crawled into bed. Because of that, I'm shifting some bar visits around this week and will hit a different one tonight.

Just a typical day in SW MT.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.