Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mad Priest

For the most part, I found Mad Priest to be humorous in a strongly and bitingly sarcastic manner. Of course, I didn't always agree with him, but at least he was able to bring some sense of humor to the whole Anglican row.

This time, however, he crossed the line. Now, you have to understand that I am about as computer literate as I am mechanically inclined. I put the key in the car and it magically starts. I know where the lever is for the gas tank. I know how to fill my windshield cleaning fluid. That's it. For everything else, I go see someone who deals with cars on a regular basis. I know what button to push to awaken the computer god. I can log into my various accounts. I can blog and keep up with my website. That's it. For everything else, I call Jane.

I say all that because what I'm about to say is coming from a very non-technical, mostly computer-incompetent point of view.

Yesterday Jane pointed me to a recent Mad Priest post. The story was that the Anglican Diocese of San Joaquin's website had crashed or wouldn't come up or was having difficulty or something. And there was much gnashing of teeth from the usual suspects about how this was the work of that evil group known as TEC.

Mad Priest had a link to the ADSJ site that took you to a site called Fat-n-Gay. For those of us who don't really know what we're doing, we clicked on the link and got . . . well . . . let's just say that I'm glad I wasn't eating breakfast.

But it turns out that that link was intentionally created by Mad Priest. Much like this link takes you to my parish website.

In other words, the ADSJ link didn't really actually take you to that other site, Mad Priest made it up and purposefully linked the two together.

Lord knows that I don't agree at all with what Schofield, +Iker, +Duncan, et al are doing, and I have no tolerance for how their party is intentionally tearing apart the church. And he also knows that they give us plenty of ammunition to point out their flaws and leaps of twisted logic.

That being said, however, this stunt by Mad Priest was juvenile and petty at best, and exhibits a serious lack in judgment and un-Christian behavior at worst. We may not agree with the other side. We may let them hang themselves with their own rope. We may let them jump off that cliff. But we certainly don't need to be the ones building the gallows or pushing them off.

Sorry, Mad Priest, but this was not funny; and you have eliminated yourself from my links.

2 comments:

Ecgbert | 1:01 AM, April 05, 2008  

Much like this link takes you to my parish website.

Wrong link, Father.

...this stunt by Mad Priest was juvenile and petty at best, and exhibits a serious lack in judgment and un-Christian behavior at worst.

Sorry, Mad Priest, but this was not funny.


Thank you.

Reverend Ref + | 9:36 AM, April 05, 2008  

YF: Oops ... guess I should have previewed this post before finalizing it; I must have been multi-tasking.

Thanks for catching that -- and it's now fixed.

First time comments will be moderated.