Sunday, July 06, 2008

I do what I do not want is what I do not do

"I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells within me."

This was part of the reading from Romans today.

Somewhere in there, my lector sort of stumbled, got this bemused look on his face, paused for a second, and finally says, "I'm sorry . . . I'm lost . . ."

I do not want is what I do if I do what I do not want it is no longer I that do . . .

Paul, Paul, Paul . . .

We all had a good chuckle, and I was afraid that I'd be overcome by the giggles during the gospel reading.

To make him feel better, just before I began the sermon I announced, "That was the funniest thing to happen here since the Christmas tree fell on me."

1 comments:

~**Dawn**~ | 10:48 PM, July 14, 2008  

Ha! Very well played.

First time comments will be moderated.