Thursday, January 06, 2011

And a good time was had by all

Every once in awhile I'll get an idea in my head and say, "This is what we're doing."

If it works out -- great.

If it doesn't -- We won't do that again.

For the past few years, my two parishes in Montana joined together for an Epiphany party and gift exchange. It was a good time. Shortly after I arrived here in OR, I announced to my new congregation that we would have a 12th Night Party.

People were a little . . . skeptical . . . at first; but I just kept announcing it and enthusiastically talking it up, ensuring everybody that it would work.

And it did. We had a decent turnout -- I'm guessing maybe 35 - 40 people showed up. Sixteen people brought gifts for the exchange, and everyone had a great time.

I'm not entirely sure what the attitude of the parish was before I arrived, but if tonight was any indication, we're in really good shape right now. It was good to have a "non-church" event (even though it was) where we all got together and had a good time. Methinks this bodes well for the future.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.