Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back home

We got back home safe and sound after our visit with Mrs. Ref's family. The long drive was made easier with three drivers (yeah for The Kid driving).

I came back to yet another in box full of stuff to deal with. This is why I really hate leaving ... ugh. Beginning to work on Holy Week ordos, submitted my article for the newsletter, and added another giving an overview of the services. Finished prepping for my Jonah study that we're doing through Lent. Met briefly with the pastor of a neighboring church. Presided at the 12:15 Eucharist.

Oh . . . and had my first, "You haven't done anything right since you've been here and I'm very angry with you and I don't know if I can be part of this congregation anymore" conversation.

Ah well . . . we had fantastic soups tonight and a good discussion on Chapter 2 of Jonah.

2 comments:

Katharine | 12:47 PM, March 26, 2011  

I appreciate the way you categorize that *first* conversation. Sounds like you've got a healthy concept of self, Christ, and church. Come to think of it, sounds like you've been around the block a few times, too. There's nothing new under the sun, eh?

Reverend Ref + | 3:42 PM, March 26, 2011  

Thanks. Don't know if I've "been around the block a few times," but I have recently been through something like that with an entire congregation (which led to my search), as well as spending a few years on the football field wearing stripes.

Lots similar to football and church.

First time comments will be moderated.